Sunday, April 13, 2014

Barbara and Joe celebrate 50 years!

Dad photographed Mary and Pat's wedding back in 2006.  Now Mary's parents, Barbara and Joe, are celebrating their 50th Anniversary and we were delighted that they called us to capture this beautiful event.

I had not met this family before spending the day with them, but I now feel like I've known them for years. Joe and Barbara are surrounded by a fantastic network of friends and family who know how to have a great time. And after listening to service and the many speeches given later that evening, it is clear to me that these two have touched many lives in poignant ways, and that they have the respect and love of so many people.

And of course, seeing the two together made me at least a little emotional, thinking of my own special family members who have celebrated long and beautiful lives together. I loved seeing what a great team Joe and Barbara make, after all these years - helping each other and laughing together.





Thank you Mary for asking us to be part of this special day.

The two renewed their vows at St Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Fallbrook, California. Their vows were part of the public Mass on the Saturday before Palm Sunday, so their family and friends took part in this portion of the service.



Seated and ready for the big moment!





They then celebrated with a cocktail hour and reception at Pala Mesa Resort, also in Fallbrook.








Congratulations on 50 years of marriage. It was truly my privilege to help you to capture this special day and I hope that we can return to help you celebrate your 60th, 70th and 80th anniversaries as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment