Saturday, July 28, 2007

What happened in Vegas

Last weekend Valerianne and I flew to Las Vegas to visit Sara Jane. What an excellent weekend-vacation!

As soon as we landed and got our bags, Sara and Valerianne sweet enough to help me find the local Weight Watchers meeting, since I'd be missing the Saturday meeting near home. We found it, I did my thing, then we moved on to the rest of the weekend.

Back at Sara's place, her boyfriend Tom made us a delicious breakfast.

Next we went to old Las Vegas to do some shopping at a crack seed store that Valerianne had heard about, followed by a quick trip to the ABC store. I hadn't been to old Las Vegas before and now I know that Dick and I will have to return to take photos before they eventually tear everything down. What a cool place!

Next we had an extremely fruitful, four-hour shopping trip at Fashion Show mall and finished just in time to meet friends at the Melting Pot. This is where I forgot about all those good Weight Watchers intentions and indulged in delicious fondue cheese, meats and desserts. Yum!!
We finished dinner then rushed to the MGM Grand hotel and where we saw the Cirque du Soleil show there: Ka. I highly recommend the show.

At this point, Sara Jane tried to convince us to keep partying but Valerianne and I just couldn't keep up, so we headed back to Sara's place to get some rest before our next big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment