Thursday, June 24, 2010

Nancy's Flowers | Admiral Kidd Club

Last night we set up a booth at the Admiral Kidd Club's tasting fair.  It's a great little event where couples who are planning to get married at one of the several beautiful San Diego on-base facilities can try out samples of the food provided.  After they eat, they come upstairs for the 'bazaar' portion of the event.  It's always nice to be able to chat with new couples and show off some sample albums.  This time we even ran into several of our existing wedding clients.  It's funny - even though we've only met with most of them once or twice at this point, it felt as though we were reuniting with friends we'd known for years.  I don't think I've said it enough, but we really have the most fun clients!

Not far from where we were set up, our friend Nancy Stevens had some beautiful and creative bridal bouquets set up for display.  I didn't want to miss the opportunity to take some detail photos of these beauties.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.













On the left is Nancy with her helper (he's actually her good friend and future client's fiance).  Everyone loves Nancy and her flowers.  She's got such a great, warm energy - which shows in the hugs from just about every other wedding vendor in the room.  And so generous, at the end of the evening she gave away many of her bouquets.  Dad and I were even able to take some home for myself and for Mom.  Thank you again, Nancy.

And on the right is Shirley, The Cake Lady.  I'm definitely a fan of Shirley's cakes but hadn't met her in person before tonight.  She and Dad have known each other for years, since he was new in the business.  I've heard nothing but great things from brides about how easy she is to work with, and I can personally attest to the fact that her cakes are not only beautiful but super yummy!  I want to plan a big party just so I can order one for myself!


Before we packed up, I had to get a photo of the patio of the Admiral Kidd Club.  I LOVE the trend we're seeing of paper lanterns at weddings - and you can see here what a gorgeous impact they have.



No comments:

Post a Comment