Friday, November 30, 2007

more Budapest photos

That same walkway I shot the first day we arrived - turns out we walked through here quite a bit on this trip.  Both of these were taken from the same spot.  First to my right - where the walls have been cleaned of all graffiti.  Then to my left.



We've been back for several days now.  Before I move on to other topics on this blog, I just want to quickly reflect on the trip and share some final photos. 

What an amazing trip!  This was my first trip to Europe, so I really wasn't sure what to expect.  I had been told that Budapest is much like many western cities and I have to agree with that.  With the exception of some cultural differences (i.e. don't leave the tip on the table but hand it to them - and don't think you're being ignored by the wait staff; the process is to ask them if you need something rather than waiting for them to come to you) the interaction with the people was really not much different than what it would be in any city in North America.

The food was outstanding.  The company was even better (no disputes with our fellow travelers) And the surroundings were unique and beautiful.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment