Friday, November 16, 2007

Our Budapest Adventure - Day 1 (Toronto)

... and we're off.
Yesterday we embarked on our first leg of the trip to Budapest, taking an Air Canada flight into Toronto.  First off, what a great travel experience!  Dick and I were fortunate enough to have an empty seat between us so we could spread out.  And each of us had our own video displays with on-demand video content.  I saw the movie 'Once' and wow!  I'm completely in love with this movie.  When the movie ended I tried watching a light romantic comedy starring Catherine Zeta-Jones, but it just wasn't as entertaining. So instead I re-played some of my favorite scenes from Once.  (a must-see for Mom, by the way)


We got through customs pretty quickly and arrived at our airport hotel by around 9 pm. The hotel is located in the middle of a business district - so there's really not much to see here. We expect to have a more interesting Toronto visit on our way back home, as we'll be staying downtown.

We didn't discover the high-speed internet connection until this morning (you have to purchase the cable from the front desk) so I only have another 10 minutes before I need to shut down and we need to check out. Therefore, no photos today (not that we took many interesting ones anyway).

Can't believe we'll be in Eastern Europe tomorrow. So excited I can hardly contain myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment