Monday, July 14, 2008

Ladies' (and Dick's) Baja Cruise!

Sarah invited us to join her for a weekend cruise to help celebrate her (and her twin sister's) birthday. I wasn't sure it would measure up to the seven-day Carnival cruise we took to the Mexican Riviera a few years ago, but I didn't need to worry at all. It was an excellent trip! Thank you Sarah!!

Friday afternoon we arrived early hoping to avoid lines, which turned out to be a great idea. We just hung out on our balcony in long beach enjoying some of the wine we brought aboard.
Eventually we ventured out into the main areas. Here's the busy atrium just as guests are arriving.
We ran into Debbie, Sarah & Wyniece getting a snack.
Mmmm... margarita! My drink of choice for most of the trip.I didn't take a whole lot of photos that evening - I was too relaxed after our massage and facial. The next day we arrived in Ensenada greeted by the biggest flag I have ever seen. Check out the size of the people in the photo.
On Saturday we enjoyed the quiet pool area on the ship while the rest of the tourists went ashore. It was great to just stick our feet in the water and forget about work and responsibility for a few hours.
Check out our room - you can see Dick sitting on the balcony. We were really far forward (2nd room from the bow) on the Veranda deck (third level from the top). It was a great spot because there were fairly few guest cabins in that area - we didn't have the same long corridor walks to our cabin that most guests do. It was also a really short walk to the Lido deck to get my coffee in the mornings. Very important.
Dick took a shot of this crazy group when we met for drinks before dinner. This is Sarah, me, Wendy, Marsha, Karen, Wyniece and Debbie.
Lilly, Leanne, and Lisa (mother and daughters - I work with Lisa) met us in the dining room. What a genuinely sweet bunch of ladies.
Here are a couple photos of Sarah with her sister and with her mom. Hmmm... I wonder where Sarah got that smile??
The coolest bar (Rotterdam) and coolest bartender (Surjeet) on the ship. Any time Dick disappeared from the dance club we knew we'd find him here.
We took quite a few party photos Saturday and Sunday nights. In looking back at them I notice a trend. The ladies LOVE Dick! "I'll be Charlie and you can ALL be my angels"

(hmmm... should I be concerned?)

On our way back to the cabin after a long evening
Here are a few final shots I took of the ship before debarking in Long Beach

Waiting for our deck to be called for debarkation
Want to see more photos? If so, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment