Friday, May 11, 2007

OK!!

Ohhhhhhh-klahoma...
Yesterday Dick and I started our Oklahoma trip to celebrate our birthdays, mother's day, and Teresa's graduation.

Teresa: Class of 2007 (yay!) in the car right after picking us up at the airport.

We ate at Santa Fe steakhouse, where I had my first prickly pear margarita. It was both pretty and yummy.

Here's Tim with his (strong) drink.

On the way back to the house, Tim & Teresa took us on a detour so we could take photos of this asphalt manufacturing plant that Teresa had seen earlier. This thing was crazy-looking with all the huge rusted tubes. Dick and I were thinking it would be great to get closer and shoot some other angles of it. He took this one with my camera because I had the fixed 50mm lens that would fit it all into the frame.
Here's a nearby water tower

We were just about to get back in the car and head home when we noticed railroad tracks across the street. The more we looked, the more interesting stuff we saw. Here's a sofa next to a deserted train platform. I don't have any idea what that big tank in the background is all about.
"Face down"
Dick got some great shots here with his camera.

I was definitely not wearing the right shoes for trapsing through rocks and mud - but it was worth it just to see what was back here.

On the way back, Dick got out one more time to take some more shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment