Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Saturday Night in San Clemente

My work colleague Greg (left) and his friend Paul (right) invited me to sing a few tunes with them last Saturday night.

Dick and I headed up to Antoine's in San Clemente and enjoyed some good food and good music. After I finished my delicious chicken & rice soup, Greg and Paul called me up to periodically sing a standard or Norah Jones song.

Some friends from work soon showed up to show their support, enjoy some good food and drink some excellent wine. It was great to be able to do some low-pressure performing for friends. It's looking like this gig might be a recurring one, which is really great. I'd love to have the chance to sing more often.

When the show ended a bunch of us left Antoine's and headed two doors down to Duke's where we played some pool and had a few more drinks... but don't worry, I was the designated driver and had my second and final glass of wine of the evening at Antoines.

Dick and John (hopefully he got what he was looking for in there)

Debbie and John looking especially adorable, even after a few drinks

Jillian, me and Debbie

Wyniece being shocking with James

Brian (Wyniece's husband) being appropriately shocked

so much sass in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment