Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day to my best friend

If you know me, you know that my mom and I are close. We are in business together. We sing together. We have coffee together most mornings. And even with the hours and hours we spend together, we never run out of things to talk about.

My mom is my biggest supporter and my best friend.  When I was little, if I was hurt she comforted me. And if I did something good, I would tell her immediately because I knew that no one could be more proud of me. And while our relationship has changed in many ways from a mother-daughter relationship to friendship, those things haven't changed. I still share my every tragedy and victory with my mom and she is still there for me to dry the tears or help me celebrate.

The things that are most important to me in the world, the things that I aspire to be, I learned from my mom. She taught me integrity, honesty, work ethic, compassion, and music. And I'm still learning from her.  I'm so lucky to have grown up in a home filled with her love. And I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful friend in my life today.


I love you mom.  Happy Mothers Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment